How to Use Our Borders
Our borders are designed for 8.5 x 11 paper (letter size). They can be used to create award certificates, flyers, invitations, and more. The borders are offered in JPG and PNG (transparent) formats.
You will need software to add text to the borders. Any program that allows you to add text to an image should work. This includes Microsoft Word, Photoshop, and many other programs. Many online image editing apps (e.g., Canva, PicMonkey, etc.) may work as well.
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for editing the borders. Unless you already know how to use a mobile device to download files, edit images, and print, the learning curve is likely to be steeper on a phone or tablet.
Please note that we unable to offer any assistance with editing the borders. It is your responsibility to already know how or be willing to figure out how to do this. If you don't know how to add text, please search Google, YouTube, or elsewhere for help. There are many tutorials for the most popular programs that cover adding text to images. We also offer free versions that can be tested before buying.
Since each border download includes at least two files (JPG and PNG), we deliver the files in a ZIP file. You will need to unzip the files before using them.
- Make sure you print at full size so the border will be printed at the correct size (8.5 x 11). The setting for this will be in your printer settings. The wording for the setting will vary depending on the software you use. It may be something like "Actual Size" or "Scale" (set this to 100% if you see this option).
- Standard printer paper will work for most situations, but you may want to use card stock for durability if you are creating something like an award certificate.
- The borders are sized for 8.5 x 11 paper. While it's possible they may be resized for other paper sizes, the design is likely to be distorted.
- Some borders include simple patterns (e.g., stripes, polka dots, etc.) that mean the border can easily be used in portrait or landscape orientation. Other borders may only work in one orientation.
- Color will only print to the edge of the paper if you have a printer that supports borderless printing on 8.5 x 11 paper.